|Outdoor Area/ Patio Only|
Founded in 1775, the Royal Thames Yacht Club is the oldest continuously operating yacht club in the world as well as being the oldest royal yacht club.
The Knightsbridge Clubhouse, overlooking Hyde Park is the perfect place for members and others to entertain and to hold a wide range of functions. Various rooms are available for hire and there are numerous set menus which can be selected for any level of function. Bespoke menus can also be created.
With an attentive in-house team, an enviable wine list and a location that is one of the most sought after in London, the Club can help make your next function a resounding success.
Established in 1775.
The Royal Thames is the oldest royal yacht club in the United Kingdom. It was established in 1775 when the Duke of Cumberland, brother of George III, put up a silver cup for a race on the River Thames and formed the Cumberland Fleet. This remains the alternative name of the Club today. The Royal Thames Yacht Club name originates from 1830 when William IV came to the throne.
The members originally met in coffee houses. From 1857, the Club owned various properties in London, moving to 60 Knightsbridge, overlooking Hyde Park, in 1923. The present Clubhouse is the result of a development of the site between 1961 and 1963.
Yachting originally took place on the Thames but the Solent became increasingly important in the 1850s as the steam train made access to the South Coast easy.
The Club has had many distinguished Flag Officers and traditionally the Commodore has been a member of the royal family.